It's Party Time at CMSC!
Birthdays at the Children's Museum!
What better place to celebrate a child’s birthday than in an environment that encourages children to Touch, Explore and Play!
A Birthday Party at the Children’s Museum of South Carolina includes:
- Free admission to the museum for party guests
- Exclusive 1 hour use of the Discovery Classroom
- Access to a Refrigerator and Freezer
- A free pass for each child that attends (over the age of 2)
- Tables will be covered with a colored vinyl table covering (white, blue, yellow or pink) upon request
Family Responsibilities for a successful and fun party:
- Parents of the birthday child should arrive 15 minutes prior to the party to greet guest. You have the party room for a limited period of time. Please be sure to follow the timeline for your party to ensure that others can use the room as scheduled.
- Guests may arrive up to 15 minutes prior to the party.
- Adult chaperones should provide assistance and guidance in the museum. All party guests are expected to follow our museum rules of conduct in order to ensure a safe and fun time for everyone!
- Feel free to bring decorations and/or balloons for the Discovery Classroom.
- Feel free to bring food and drinks for the party. All food and drinks must remain in the Discovery Classroom.
- You may clean up after the party or you may choose to pay the museum to clean up after the party.
- Passport Cards or Free Passes are not valid for guest admissions.
Please be sure to book your birthday party as soon as possible. The Children's Museum of South Carolina is a popular place for parties. Parties are booked on a first come basis. If possible please book at least three weeks in advance to allow for proper staff scheduling.
*In order to receive a birthday party discount with a reciprocal membership, the reciprocal membership must be purchased at the Children’s Museum of South Carolina
Party Times and Reservations
A $75.00 deposit is required to hold the date and time of your party and is NON-REFUNDABLE upon cancellation. To check for availability or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
CALL 843-946-9469 DURING BUSINESS HOURS TO MAKE RESERVATIONS
Morning Party (Available Saturday Only)
10:00-11:00 Museum Exploration
10:45-11:00 Party Set up in the Discovery Lab
11:00-12:00 Use of Discovery Lab and Cleanup
Afternoon Party (Available Tuesday - Sunday)
12:30-1:30 Museum Exploration
1:15-1:30 Party Set up in the Discovery Lab
1:30-2:30 Use of Discovery Lab and Cleanup
Evening Party (Available Tuesday - Friday)
3:30 - 5:30
3:30 - 4:30 Museum Exploration
4:15 - 4:30 Party Set up in the Discovery Lab
4:30 - 5:30 Use of Discovery Lab and Cleanup
Option I - for 1-25 Admissions (Children and/or Adults)
Base Fees: $200.00
Option II - for 26-45 Admissions (Children and/or Adults)
Base Fees: $225.00
* Please note- Because of CMSC staffing requirements, Option 2 fees cannot be reduced for lower birthday party attendance.
CMSC Family & Family Plus Passport Holders save $50 OFF Birthday Party Base Fees!
CMSC BIRTHDAY BUCKS are a great addition to your goody bags!
|$25 Birthday Bucks for your party guests to spend in the CMSC gift shop||$20.00|
|$50 Birthday Bucks for your party guests to spend in the CMSC gift shop||$40.00|
Option III - Rent the Museum*
The entire museum may be rented for an exclusive party.
Unlimited number of guests within fire code limits may be invited.
Half Day Rental (9:00-12:00) or (12:00-3:00) Cost: $400.00
All Day Rental (9:00-3:00) $700.00
Please call CMSC @ 843.946.9469 to inquire about facility rental availability.
Must be booked at least one month in advance due to staffing requirements. A deposit will be required at the time of booking in order to hold the requested date.